Enterprise Internet Provider Solutions
Forward Thinking Solutions for Your Ever-Expanding Technology Needs
Our enterprise services help you stay ahead of changing technology.
Great Plains Communications provides fast, reliable, and scalable technology that allows businesses to maximize ROI and streamline processes. We act as a trusted partner to our customers, providing custom solutions designed to meet your unique needs and goals.
Great Plains Communications Network Map
Great Plains Communications Omaha Map
Contact a representative to learn how Great Plains Communications can help you accelerate your network goals.
The Great Plains Communications network is fully scalable and flexible to meet the growing needs of your business. It is supported by over 220 experienced, dedicated, and talented employees located throughout the state of Nebraska.
- Over 9,500 miles - largest privately-owned network in Nebraska
- Spanning the state of Nebraska (unique ability to bypass Omaha) with extensions to Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wyoming
- Secure fiber network
- Unique routes to increase redundancy
- 99% buried fiber, providing circuit security from weather and vandalism
- Access to multiple Tier One Internet providers, regional, and national carriers
- Access to 11 data centers/carrier hotels: 2-Denver/4-Omaha/1-Kansas City/1-Minneapolis/1-Sioux City/2-Chicago
- Switched and dedicated Ethernet capability
- National and global connectivity capability
- High-performing network complemented by high-performing people
Network Operations Center
We monitor our network around the clock at our TL-9000 certified Network Operations Center (NOC) located in the corporate headquarters building in Blair, Nebraska. Constant monitoring ensures reliability and rapid response to the needs of all network customers.
Whether your business needs a 10 Mbps or 100 Gbps connection, the Great Plains Communications fiber network offers scalable services capable of growing with your company and connecting multiple locations across the nation or the globe. Great Plains Communications proudly offers these Forward Thinking enterprise services:
- Speeds ranging from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Scalable equipment
- Standard and dedicated service options
- Regional redundancy of ISP’s in Omaha, Minneapolis, and Denver
- Burstable solutions
Great Plains Communications managed Ethernet allows businesses to reduce costs and increase efficiencies by connecting multiple locations. As your business expands, your Ethernet service will grow with you, providing scalable services, secure data transport, and application continuity.
- Connect multiple locations nationally or globally
- Access to data centers/carrier hotels in Omaha, Denver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Des Moines, and Chicago
- Cost efficient
- Network redundancy for greater reliability
- High-speed, low latency transport
Great Connections Newsletter
Every issue of the Great Plains Communications free B2B quarterly newsletter provides Forward Thinking tips, news, and best practices to help you leverage services and accelerate your business!
What Enterprise Customers are Saying
“Partnering with Great Plains Communications allows Metropolitan Community College (MCC) to have potentially unlimited bandwidth between its eight locations and the Internet. This positions the College to lead in the digital age.”
“First National Bank of Gordon’s slogan is ‘The old reliable – independent and strong.’ Based on their Internet and phone services, I’d say the same applies to Great Plains Communications.”
“Today's business and leisure travelers expect to be able to connect with work, social media and entertainment. Great Plains Communications provides our guest with the Internet quality and speed they expect.”
“We get 40 Mbps Internet speed, up and down, from Great Plains Communications. This service has been excellent, and it keeps up with the fast pace of our stations in Beatrice and Norfolk.”
“These new high speed, secure services from Great Plains Communications help Omaha Performing Arts maximize Internet, Ethernet and other connectivity services to the highest level. Their services are much needed as we continue to provide extraordinary experiences in our two great venues.”
“Since Scooter's Coffee switched to Great Plains Communications,the speed of our Internet has been amazing. It's always good to hear people comment on how much faster it is.”