Forward Thinking Solutions for Your Ever-Expanding Technology Needs
Our enterprise services help you stay ahead of changing technology.
Great Plains Communications provides fast, reliable, and scalable technology that allows businesses to maximize ROI and streamline processes. We act as a trusted partner to our customers, providing custom solutions designed to meet your unique needs and goals.
Great Plains Communications Network Map
Great Plains Communications Omaha Map
Contact a representative to learn how Great Plains Communications can help you accelerate your network goals.
The Great Plains Communications network is fully scalable and flexible to meet the growing needs of your business. It is supported by over 220 experienced, dedicated, and talented employees located throughout the state of Nebraska.
- Over 8,000 miles - largest privately-owned network in Nebraska
- Spanning the state of Nebraska (unique ability to bypass Omaha) with extensions to Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wyoming
- Secure fiber network
- Unique routes to increase redundancy
- 99% buried fiber, providing circuit security from weather and vandalism
- Access to multiple Tier One Internet providers, regional, and national carriers
- Access to 11 data centers/carrier hotels: 2-Denver/4-Omaha/1-Kansas City/1-Minneapolis/1-Sioux City/2-Chicago
- Switched and dedicated Ethernet capability
- National and global connectivity capability
- High-performing network complemented by high-performing people
Network Operations Center
We monitor our network around the clock at our TL-9000 certified Network Operations Center (NOC) located in the corporate headquarters building in Blair, Nebraska. Constant monitoring ensures reliability and rapid response to the needs of all network customers.
Whether your business needs a 10 Mbps or 100 Gbps connection, the Great Plains Communications fiber network offers scalable services capable of growing with your company and connecting multiple locations across the nation or the globe. Great Plains Communications proudly offers these Forward Thinking enterprise services:
- Speeds ranging from 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Scalable equipment
- Standard and dedicated service options
- Regional redundancy of ISP’s in Omaha, Minneapolis, and Denver
- Burstable solutions
Great Plains Communications managed Ethernet allows businesses to reduce costs and increase efficiencies by connecting multiple locations. As your business expands, your Ethernet service will grow with you, providing scalable services, secure data transport, and application continuity.
- Connect multiple locations nationally or globally
- Access to data centers/carrier hotels in Omaha, Denver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Des Moines, and Chicago
- Cost efficient
- Network redundancy for greater reliability
- High-speed, low latency transport
Great Connections Newsletter
Every issue of the Great Plains Communications free B2B quarterly newsletter provides Forward Thinking tips, news, and best practices to help you leverage services and accelerate your business!
What Enterprise Customers are Saying
“Partnering with Great Plains Communications allows Metropolitan Community College (MCC) to have potentially unlimited bandwidth between its eight locations and the Internet. This positions the College to lead in the digital age.”
“As a result of Great Plains Communications’ dedicated Internet access, employees of Strategic Air & Space Museum are now able to work more efficiently and effectively.”
“Do Space is one of the first community spaces in the country that offers a gigabit of bandwidth free to its members, and Great Plains Communications has played a key role in helping us to enable Omaha to lead the nation in innovation.”
“All Metals Market struggled for years to find fast and reliable Internet service for our area. Making the switch to Great Plains Communications has made us more efficient.”
“Today’s hotel guests travel with an average of 3.5 devices, so having high-speed Internet is super important to Horse Creek Inn. Great Plains Communications brings us fiber Internet, and our guests are thrilled with the speed.”
“Great Plains Communications has been an important business partner as Butler Ag Equipment expands into Nebraska. They are reliable, responsible, and fast moving.”
“First National Bank of Gordon’s slogan is ‘The old reliable – independent and strong.’ Based on their Internet and phone services, I’d say the same applies to Great Plains Communications.”
“We get 40 Mbps Internet speed, up and down, from Great Plains Communications. This service has been excellent, and it keeps up with the fast pace of our stations in Beatrice and Norfolk.”
“Great Plains Communications clearly did their research to determine our needs. I liked their approach and their willingness to make sure our needs would be met. I can’t say enough about how courteous and easy to work with they are.”
“Thanks to our partnership with Great Plains Communications, Methodist improved the speed, reliability and stability of our data connection. Physicians, nurses and diagnostic specialists are able to provide better care to more patients on a daily basis.”