There is a lot of really great programming on TV. However, there is also a lot of programming that you might not want everyone in your home to see.
That’s why parental controls are so useful! They are an easy way to make sure that kids aren’t exposed to mature programming. When a program or channel is blocked, the user must enter a 4-digit pin to access that channel. That way, you can enjoy shows that may be inappropriate for smaller eyes easily, but securely.
These controls are set up right through your DVR and are very easy to configure. Blocks can be set by channel, rating, or even specific show titles. You have an immense amount of control.
Here are the steps to setting up parental controls:
- Using your remote, press the menu key
- Select the Home Icon
- Select Setup
- Then select Locks Setup
- Once you are in the Locks Setup screen, you will be asked to choose a 4-digit pin.
- Once you have selected a 4-digit pin, you will be given the following options.
- TV Rating – Blocking by TV Rating. *Note that you must block every rating you wish to control. That means if you block an R rating, you will also need to block “adult” programming.
- Moving Rating – This only affects movie channels such as STARZ, Cinemax, and HBO.
- Channel Locks – This will allow you to block specific channels.
- Master Lock – allows you to remove locks, bypass a lock, or change your pin.
- Adult Titles – This removes titles from adult video programs. The guide will only display the words “adult movie.”
Just a few simple steps ensures your family’s viewing habits. We do want to point out that your pin is exclusive to you and we do not keep a record of your entry. If you do forget your pin, we can reset your settings, but you will have to reprogram your preferences. We suggest keeping your number in a safe spot, so you don’t forget.
Do you have any additional questions about parental controls? Let us know in the comments section below.