Full Stream Ahead
Get on the fast track with qualifying Internet service and receive a FREE Roku® streaming device and FREE month of Internet service!
Up Your Internet to 15, 30, or 50 Mbps Internet Speeds and Receive:
- FREE Installation
- FREE Roku streaming device
- FREE month of Internet service
What Can You Do with Faster Internet Speeds?
- Connect and stream multiple devices! The more devices you have connected to the Internet, the more speed you’ll need
- Download music, photos, and videos in a matter of minutes! Don’t wait for your favorite movies or TV shows to download
- Stream music, movies, and TV easily with little to no buffering! Watch movies and TV online without lag or interruption
If you currently have Internet service and would like to take advantage of this offer, you can! Upgrade your Internet to 15, 30, or 50 Mbps and you can receive the Roku device as well as the first month’s upgrade cost - both for FREE!
What is a Roku®?
A Roku is a stick or a small box-shaped device that connects to your wireless network (or wired via Ethernet on the Roku 3) and streams music, movies, and TV shows from the Internet to your TV. The Roku Channel Store gives you access to over 2500 streaming channels, with many of them being available to you at no cost, and all of which can be viewed on your TV via the Roku device.
What Type of Roku Device Would I Receive?
- If you sign up for new or upgraded 15 Mbps service, you will receive the Roku Streaming Stick™.
- If you sign up for new or upgraded 30 or 50 Mbps service, you will receive the Roku 3.
The difference between the two is that the 3 is going to be faster than the stick due to the optimized HD processor. The 3 has Ethernet, USB, and Micro SD card ports. The 3 also has a voice search feature and motion control for gaming directly through your Roku.
What is Required to Receive the Roku Device?
All you need to do is sign up for new or upgraded 15, 30, or 50 Mbps Internet service. A 2-year agreement is required to receive the Roku device.
If I Have Trouble with the Roku Device, Will Your Technicians Service It?
Easy step-by-step installation instructions are included with the device. If you run into any trouble installing your Roku, their website has detailed installation instructions and videos that walk you through the setup. You can find this video at: https://support.roku.com/hc/en-us/articles/208755778-How-to-Set-Up-Roku-general-steps-for-all-models-
The Roku device is not covered under the Great Plains Communications maintenance plan. However, the device does have a standard one-year factory warranty from Roku. To find details on the warranty, or if you need help with your Roku once you receive it, you can call Roku support at 1-888-600-7658 (ROKU) or visit their support website at http://support.roku.com.
What Will I Need in Order to Set Up My Roku?
The Roku is very simple to set up, and it will walk you through the entire process right on the TV screen!
- You will need access to a PC or mobile device to set up a Roku account online
- You will need a wireless or wired Internet connection. If you qualify for the Roku Streaming Stick, you will need to have a wireless connection. The Roku 3 can be connected via wireless or via Ethernet cable directly to the modem
- You will need to ensure that your television set has an HDMI port
- You will need an HDMI cable to connect the Roku 3 to your television set
Great Plains Communications is Providing One Complementary HDMI Cable for Customers Who Qualify for the Roku 3!
You will need to set up a Roku account using the guided setup process on your Roku device. The account itself is free; however, you will be asked to enter payment information. This is merely for your convenience to rent movies and TV shows or to purchase some of your favorite channels through the Channel Store like Netflix and Hulu. For more information on how to set up a Roku account, visit http://support.roku.com.
Speeds and availability vary by location. Roku Stick available to new and current customers who sign up for 15 Mbps Internet service. Roku 3 available to new and current customers who sign up for 30 or 50 Mbps Internet service. The Roku devices are property of the customer and will not be serviced or maintained under the Great Plains Communications maintenance plan. Certain restrictions and limitations apply. 2-year contract required to receive Roku, free month of service, and upgrade charge. Free month of service available to new Internet customers only. Offer ends October 15, 2016. Offer codes CPC1602, CPC1603, CPC1604.